Re: [LAU] [ANN] AZR3-JACK released

From: Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 26 2007 - 23:37:29 EET

On Monday 24 December 2007 17:17, Lars Luthman wrote:
> This JACK program is a port of the free VST plugin AZR-3. It is a
> tonewheel organ with drawbars, distortion and rotating speakers. The
> original was written by Rumpelrausch Täips.
>
> The organ has three sections, two polyphonic with 9 drawbars each and
> one monophonic bass section with 5 drawbars. The two polyphonic sections
> respond to events on MIDI channel 1 and 2, and an optional keyboard
> split function makes the bass section listen to the lower keys on
> channel 1.
>
> The three sections have separate sustain and percussion switches as well
> as separate volume controls, and the two polyphonic sections have
> separate vibrato settings. All three sections are mixed and sent through
> the distortion effect and the rotating speakers simulator, where the
> modulation wheel can be used to switch between fast and slow rotation,
> and the fast and slow rotation speeds themselves can be changed
> separately for the lower and upper frequencies.
>
> Get it at http://ll-plugins.nongnu.org/azr3/
>

> --ll

I'm always game for a new music app, so I've tried this on Debian Etch. I did
have more complaints, but since installing liblash-devel I've got rid of most
of them, but am left with the make error below.

Linux debian 2.6.18-5-686 #1 SMP Tue Dec 18 21:24:20 UTC 2007 i686

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
Last login: Wed Dec 26 15:44:25 2007
djmons@debian:~$ cd Downloads/Azr3-organ/azr3-jack-1.0.1
djmons@debian:~/Downloads/Azr3-organ/azr3-jack-1.0.1$ ./configure

Current configuration:

  __path_to_configure = ./configure

Now run 'make install' to install your software!
djmons@debian:~/Downloads/Azr3-organ/azr3-jack-1.0.1$ su
Password:
debian:/home/djmons/Downloads/Azr3-organ/azr3-jack-1.0.1# make install
echo

echo

g++ -c -o azr3/main.o -g -O2 `pkg-config --cflags gtkmm-2.4 jack lash-1.0`
-DDATADIR=\"/usr/local/share/azr3-jack\" azr3/main.cpp
azr3/main.cpp: In constructor 'Main::Main(int&, char**&)':
azr3/main.cpp:63: error: 'JACK_DEFAULT_MIDI_TYPE' was not declared in this
scope
make: *** [azr3/main.o] Error 1
debian:/home/djmons/Downloads/Azr3-organ/azr3-jack-1.0.1#

Any suggestion to resolve the problem?

Nigel.