Re: [LAU] Resonance

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 31 2007 - 03:53:27 EET

On Sun, Dec 30, 2007 at 10:14:21PM +0000, Folderol wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 13:56:05 -0800
> Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> > > Pd might look that way, but it's actually pretty straightforward to
> > > use; its simplicitly means there's not a lot you need to learn to be
> > > able to drive it, and its online help is pretty decent. I found that
> > > sitting down for an afternoon with Pd and Miller Puckette's book
> > > (available online at http://crca.ucsd.edu/%7Emsp/techniques.htm) was a
> > > good introduction. If you're just after playing with some filters and
> > > delays then it should do the job nicely.
> > >

> > I found PD to be pretty idiot-proof. I haven't been able to screw it up yet.
> >
> > Very easy to use, figure out, and modify.
> >
> > I was just playing with ParticleChamber last night-- nice async granular patch for PD. I modified it to accept MIDI CC's very easily. I needed some weird pads and was able to tweak real knobs and push real buttons, and got some good stuff going in short order.
> >
> > -ken
>
> Mmmm - Knobs :)

No doubt you've seen this then:
http://www.umop.com/art/kb008.jpg

A few months ago, my drummer was watching me lovingly and idly turning knobs on my synth, for no really good reason, while we were waiting for the bass player to set up or tune up, and remarked, "Hmm. I'll bet all you synth guys really like breasts, don't you?"

This one does, anyway.

-ken