Re: [LAU] Saving youtube audio and video

From: Adam Sampson <ats@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 04 2008 - 14:43:33 EET

thomas fisher <studio1@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> Tommi promising looking application, but it appears to be not open
> source and a limited trial time period teaser.

It's really not very hard to save videos from YouTube, and no
proprietary software is required -- you just need to build the right
URL, and there are various scripts to do that:

  http://www.arrakis.es/~rggi3/youtube-dl/
  http://offog.org/darcs/misccode/youtubeget

(I wrote the second, but I wouldn't have bothered had I known the
first existed...)

The resulting files can be played with VLC or MPlayer.

--
Adam Sampson <ats@email-addr-hidden>                         <http://offog.org/>