Re: [LAU] Hello and configuring audio

From: M-.-n <nostromo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 08 2008 - 17:14:18 EET

After trying a lot of things today (I still have a lot of problem
finding the essence of, hum, 'organisation' between oss, alsa, arts and
KDE) I finally re-installed amarok (I had it kicked out since I found it
too bulky to use) and this on DOES play without any glitches.

So I guess the driver/HW issues are fine and it's just now up to me to
find which API to use. I'm currently going through SDL, enabling the
various modules in it but it still jerks at times. Of course this is one
more layer between me and that I need to take down. What should I try to
write a direct driver for ? ALSA ?

Thanks
Marc