[LAU] Hello and configuring audio

From: M-.-n <nostromo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 08 2008 - 12:45:05 EET

Hi there,

I guess I'll first start with a little introduction... My name is Marc
and I'm developping a small tracker targetted to the GP2x. It's based
the interface of a very well known gameboy tracker (littlesounddj) and
it runs quite well on a small machine like that. For ease of
development, demo or if people also desire to make it their platform of
choice, the tracker is also available for Windows, Mac and I decently
got a debian build working.

I'm writing because recently I received for Xmas an azus EEE. Not a very
powerful machine but a great little traveller for internet, coding and
possibly... audio. I got my tracker running on it without to much
trouble (which was to be expected since it runs fine using only one of
the GP2x proc at 200Mhz) but I face a glitching issue on my EEE. First I
thought it was due to the usual buffer configuration problems but then I
realized both VLC and Audacity glitched too on playback. It's not a
constant one.. more like here and there the audio device gets stuck (or
some process/IRQ taking over?).

It's kind of ennoying... I still have the possibility to install XP on
it, but I quite like the Xandros install and would like to know if
there's any way for me to troubleshoot/configure the installation to
provide smoother audio out. I've tried using an external usb audio
interface and noticed the same glitches.

Any advices from the gurus ?
Thanks
Marc