Re: [LAU] Decent soundfonts

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Wed Jan 09 2008 - 09:57:02 EET

Hi!
  Perhaps you still need samples, it's no problem to have good ones. But the
problem may be good and free ones. Although in the fairly recdent discussion
about piano-sound there were some nice ones named. If you could actually spend
a little then look around and choose a nice giga-sample. On the linuxsampler
homepage you'll find a demo of a piano and I can say I have the "old lady
grand" by pmi (post musical instruments), which wasn't too expensive, even for
me, and sounds very well. It also works nicely with the linuxsampler.
  If you still prefer electric/synth-pianos: Try ZynAddSubFX, it has a few
electric/synthetic pianos amongst its presets. Or if you really want to get
into it take clm (common lisp music) or csound. Perhaps even PD can do it. At
least clm and csound have a basic piano-model. You can manipulate and edit
your sound from those models until your fingers start bleeding and your brain
starts burning. :-)
  Kindest regards
         Julien

--------