Re: [LAU] ArdourVST - Latency Management

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 09 2008 - 00:32:06 EET

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 06:33:35PM +0100, Sebastian Tschöpel wrote:

> I did what Lars suggested, I tried inserting the "Artificial latency"
> plugin from the swh-plugins package after the VSTs. I understood "After
> the VSTs..." as loading it into the same channel strip right after the
> VST plugins. The channel routing is now:
>
> Audio -> Stereo Bus -> VST plugins -> swh artificial intelligence ->
> Ardour Fader/Panning ... -> Master Out.
>
> Then I tried to change the delay value of the swh plugin. The Swh plugin
> itself doesn't produce any effect. The VSTs are still delaying the
> channel without getting compensated.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

Just did a quick test: created to busses, both get the same signal,
one has the artificial latency plugin. Their outputs are still
the same... Seems like Ardour does try to compensate for the fake
latency (the playhead moves back when started, output is delayed),
but the delay is apparently also applied to the strip that reports
the latency.

--
FA
Parma, Italia