Re: [LAU] ArdourVST - Latency Management

From: Sebastian Tschöpel <tschoseb@email-addr-hidden-cottbus.de>
Date: Wed Jan 09 2008 - 17:06:40 EET

Hi Fons,

> one has the artificial latency plugin. Their outputs are still
> the same... Seems like Ardour does try to compensate for the fake
> latency (the playhead moves back when started, output is delayed),

Correct. Ardour does. But apparently not when i use VST plugins.

> Another question is why your plugins are producing
> so much delay. The plugin mechanism by itself doesn't.
> EQ certainly shouldn't, a reverb should pass the dr....

Well, that is something only the authors can give an answer for. First
of all, this is a problem I have with all VST plugins I tried. When
there are plugins that seem to produce no/nearly no latency then its
only a task of opening more of them in the same strip to see whats
really going on. For some others, like the (wonderful and free) SIR
convolution/impulse response reverb, it only takes one instance.

Best regards,
Sebastian.