Re: [LAU] Hello and configuring audio

From: M-.-n <nostromo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 09 2008 - 17:10:05 EET

Joern Nettingsmeier wrote:
> M-.-n wrote:
>
> to narrow things down a bit, can you play wavs glitch-free when using
> aplay on the command line? that's about as close to alsa-lib as you can
> get, with no other things in between.

Yes, that seems to work fine, I've tried fire app and compile code at
the same time, it's fine. So I guess I'll get the aplay source code and
see how I can integrate that directly and if I can get smoother
performances.

I've found out the /dev/dsp can't be accesses because... it doesn't
exist anymore. Go figure. Anyway, I got something to chew now, will keep
you up to date with my progress.

thanks !!
Marc