Re: [LAU] Ingen/Om as Jack Client?

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Mon Jan 14 2008 - 15:53:56 EET

On 14/01/2008, Sebastian <tschoseb@email-addr-hidden-cottbus.de> wrote:
> The only problem is: I originally wanted to use such modular synths
> because of dssi-vst. Well, this doesn't seem to work because dssi-vst
> needs a parameter on initialization (the desired vst-plugin).

Not quite so -- dssi-vst presents itself as a single plugin library
containing multiple plugins, each of which has a standard DSSI name
string. The plugins in the library correspond to the VSTs found on
the disk, and their names match the VST library names. So to select a
VST plugin (say myvst.dll) through dssi-vst, you need to tell your
host to load the plugin that has name "myvst.dll" from library
"dssi-vst.so".

This is just the same as the way you would select any other DSSI
plugin that appears in the same library as other plugins. It should
be possible in any DSSI host. If the host makes, for example, a menu
of all available plugins to select from, then all of the VSTs should
appear in it as separate plugins.

(n.b. I haven't actually tried using dssi-vst in Ingen or Jost.)

Chris