Re: [LAU] midi sequencers

From: Geoff Beasley <songshop@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 15 2008 - 13:57:13 EET

On Tuesday 15 January 2008 20:43:45 you wrote:

> Absolutely but you probably need to specify what you mean by "Fully
> Featured". One way to be part of accomplishing a nice sequencer is to tell
> the developers what you lack. Or why not start a thread here with
> prerequisites for a fully featured midi sequencer.

thanks, i have seen energy-xt.

muse is as good a seq as you'll find. i've been using muse for almost 4 years
full time and it already has 99% of what a quality sequencer needs but has a
few little nasties that make long sessions very painful and slow...and the
devs don't have the time to fix them.

rosegarden lacks the reliability and polish (or completeness) of it's feature
set and is just too buggy for my everyday needs. i've tried it over the last
3-4 years, with every release, only to find the same reliability issues every
time.

qtractor looks very promising, but isn't likely to offer the completeness of
features required for me. seq24 is the same.

i know there's no answer to this, but seems no one else is making the point
and it needs to be made for a complete linux audio solution.

best,

g.