Re: [LAU] A pc without noise!

From: Paul Winkler <pw_lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 17 2008 - 21:11:08 EET

> Dave Phillips wrote:
> At long last I've replaced the video card in my JAD box. I put in a
silent GeForce 7600GS, just like in my 64Studio machine, and that
incredibly annoying fan noise is *gone*.

> Now I can hear the hard drive much better. :-/

Heh, that happened to me too. That's how noise is: get rid of one noise
and then you can hear something else that it was masking.

My drive noise isn't too bad, mostly a little seek noise from the main
drive. My audio drive is mounted in a cheap 3.5-to-5.25" adapter frame
that attaches to the chassis with rubber grommets; I don't hear that one
as much. But they're different makes and models of drive, so I don't know
how much that has to do with it.

--
http://www.slinkp.com