Re: [LAU] Soundtrack from recorded TV

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 27 2008 - 23:30:27 EET

Hallo,
lanas hat gesagt: // lanas wrote:

> Le Dimanche, 27 Janvier 2008 10:47:40 +0100,
> Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden> a écrit :
>
> > "Faust" is a silent movie so doesn't have a regular soundtrack at
> > all.
>
> I must differ on this. The version shown on TV had a great
> soundtrack.

Well, with "no regular soundtrack" I mean, that there is no definite
version of a soundtrack for it. It's a silent movie from the 20s, and
at that time, some cinemas were maybe having a piano player do the
soundtrack, some others maybe had a little band playing or a real
orchestra. They were even playing different scores or improvised
music and noises. For many movies from that time, even on DVD today
they have different "soundtracks".

> Way much better than what Moroder did once for this other old German
> movie "Metropolis" ! Thing is, it seems no credit are given to the
> composer/band who did it and IMDB lists several versions with
> different composers.

See! ;)

Ciao