Re: [LAU] ffado tools and presonus firebox

From: Pieter Palmers <pieterp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 12 2008 - 15:06:20 EET

Hartmut Noack wrote:

> Pieter Palmers schrieb:
>> Arnold Krille wrote:
>
>> If you use the ffado console tool to select SPDIF as the sync source,
>> you can still use the freebob jack backend. It could be that the clock
>> source is reset after a busreset or a power cycle. I also can't predict
>> what the device will do when you select the SPDIF input as sync source
>> and don't have a valid SPDIF signal attached. Most likely it won't
>> explode though...
>
> That is good news - Ill test this in about 4-5 h so a report will follow
> tonite :-)
>
>> Arnold Krille wrote:
>>> Yep, that is a valid usability problem for a released package. But wait a
>>> minute: ffado is not a released package!
>
> This is understood - I wrote a little howto for this for a german
> magazine that will be on my pages ( http://lapoc.de ) also. Strange,
> that no-one did before - maybe only very few users experiment with ffado?

Please don't advertise using ffado towards unexperienced users. We can't
cope with the RTFM type of support that would generate. FFADO is
currently only for users that already sort-of know what they are doing,
and who we don't have to help setting up their system.

Keep in mind that all time spent on support is not spent on development.

Greets,

Pieter