Re: [LAU] motu 828 mkii latency

From: Pieter Palmers <pieterp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 12 2008 - 15:01:59 EET

Roman Muņoz Roncal wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to get a motu 828 mkii working on lenny-amd64
>
> I can't get it to run reliably at latencies lower than 8ms; setting
> qjackctl about 5ms, the procces shows xruns/is killed by the watchdog;
> setting it at 4 ms, it does not start.
>
> At 8 ms, it seems to work, not tested under load.
>
> kernel is 2.6.24-1
> qjackctl is 0.3.2
> libffado 1.999.14-876
> jackd version 0.109.2 tmpdir /tmp protocol 22
put your tmpdir on a shared memory filesystem (/dev/shm)

> Any hints about it?

Use realtime priority and a RT patched kernel.

Note that FFADO isn't supposed to work at very low latencies at the
moment. I'd say 3x128 (=8ms) is about the limit of the current version.
Will be better on the long run, but at the moment that's it.

Greets,

Pieter