Re: [LAU] rme fireface 400 on debian?

From: Malte Steiner <steiner@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 13 2008 - 18:52:01 EET

> good to hear about latency issues as I'm still considering a firewire
> hardware device for laptop use - and for mobility, sturdy, public space
> and traveling use.
> the search goes on...

So I guess you have one with PC EXpresscard so PCMCIA is not a solution, or?
One thing particular for laptop use: Depending on the model you might
encounter the laptop humming noise and buzz. Some models are better but
the only way to get rid of it for once and all is to decouple the
converters from the computer via optical transcievers, for instance ADAT
compatible connection for multichannel.

Cheers,

Malte

--