Re: [LAU] Linux guitar amplifier simulator

From: James Stone <jamesmstone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 14 2008 - 09:45:13 EET

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 10:46:16PM -0500, Christian Delahousse wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I just installed Ubuntu with a RT kernel addon and I'm doing my first
> forays into the OS. I've been a long time windows user but I figured
> I'd change to linux for a new perspective.
>
> On windows, I run a line6 guitar port for my guitar amplification
> needs. Unfortunately, the Line6 Linux software project does not
> support the Guitar Port. Luckily, I have a Tascam US122 with a HighZ
> input that I can plug my guitar into.
>
> I was just wondering what software was available to me for guitar amp
> simulation? Is there a guide that explains what to do?
>
> So far, google hasn't very helpful, my searches lead me to a guitar
> that's actually being converted into a LINUX GUITAR.

There has been some discussion of this on the list fairly
recently. I seem to recall a puredata patch or maybe it was an
AMS patch for guitar distortion/amp simulation. Possibly the
easiest way though is to use something like jack rack, and the
CAPS cabinet plugins maybe with some TAP tubewarmth.. I am
personally using a Behringer v-amp2 though, as it seemed a
simpler solution to the Hi-Z input problems, and adds all the
distortion and cab simulation I need.

James