Re: [LAU] RME Multiface II

From: Christian Schumann <schumann@email-addr-hidden-kl.de>
Date: Thu Feb 14 2008 - 19:16:32 EET

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 04:33:56PM +0000, Steve Fosdick wrote:
> I must admin I do not know the correspondance between ALSA versions and the kernel versions they get bundled with but I recently had an issue with kernel version 2.6.24. hdspmixer showned signal on the output but the actual output was silent. Rolling back to kernel version 2.6.23.12 fixed the problem. All kernel versions I have tried prior to 2.6.24 have worked flawlessly with it.
To my knowledge 2.6.24 was first kernel where the bug in question was
part of ALSA, 2.6.23 works nicely.
If you want to run 2.6.24 I'd suggest to get the latest ALSA and compile
the driver from the new sources.

Regards
Christian

Dipl.-Phys. Christian Schumann   |Technische Universitaet Kaiserslautern
Mail: schumann@email-addr-hidden-kl.de  |           Fachbereich Physik
Tel.: 0631/205-4842 (Office)     |     http://www.physik.uni-kl.de
Tel.: 0631/205-4843 (Lab)        |
Fax.: 0631/205-3902              |
Post: Erwin-Schroedinger-Strasse, D-67663 Kaiserslautern