Re: [LAU] Pardus user Pops and clicks problem

From: James Stone <jamesmstone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 16 2008 - 23:27:12 EET

On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 09:33:46PM +0200, Arda Eden wrote:
> Hi there,
> I'm new to Linux Audio Users mailing list.
> I'm a Pardus (a Turkish distro) user and i'm trying to get rid of
> Cubase Protools etc.
> For a long time i downloaded and setup most of the audio packages and
> i'm using them for a while.
> My audio Card is an M-Audio 24/96 and it works fine. There's no latency
> etc. But i hear too much Pops and clicks when using soft synths.
> Especially when doing something else like dragging windows or other
> things. This problem is same for Ardour. Any action i do,(like dragging
> something, moving mouse) affects the sound processing.
> Too much Pops and clicks. I set my buffer to 512 samples and my
> hardware is strong enough.
> Any ideas ? Or previous threads about this ?
> --

I guess you are not getting xruns under jack when these pops
occur?

I think you need to tweak your IRQ settings.. make sure your card
is on a separate IRQ and then look here about increasing the IRQ
priority:

http://tapas.affenbande.org/wordpress/?page_id=40

I am not sure about your distro but you may also be affected by
"nptl hell", in which case I would suggest changing distro:

http://tapas.affenbande.org/wordpress/?page_id=18

James