Re: [LAU] hard rock/prog metal

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 19 2008 - 10:10:35 EET

On 17 February 2008 at 18:57, "Brett McCoy" <idragosani@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Yep! I am recording a metal album almost entirely with Linux, using
> Ardour (and Rosegarden for some MIDI stuff). I am using Windows for a
> couple of things, mainly for some plugins that I haven't been able to
> get to work under Linux yet (IK Multimedia stuff mostly). One of these
> days I will try to make the jump back into getting VST working under
> Linux. It was a bit iffy last time I tried it.
>
> http://www.alhazred.com (the music samples I have are entirely Linux-made)

Cool. I like the chords & intervals used in "Through the Gates". It
seems that you enjoy non-Western influences. Combine that with your
heavy side, and you really need to sample some of Kevin Ferguson's
"Exotic Extremes" CD (samples are up on CD Baby). I didn't play on
that CD. But, I've gigged a bunch of it with (the other) Kevin.

Cheers....

--
Kevin