Re: [LAU] [ANN] Sonic Visualiser v1.2 now available

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 20 2008 - 21:48:22 EET

On 20 February 2008 at 14:27, "Christopher Stamper" <christopherstamper@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> What works? Nothing. Dialup is the curse of mankind.

Now it is. But, it used to be wonderful.

> But some of us just have no choice. :-(

Understood. I have DSL, but I want FiOS and it's not available. I
get rusty twisted pair instead.

> Actually, regular file links with full read permissions work fine for
> resuming. Try Download Accelerator Plus or something, it helps.

Once you go through the SourceForge system and get to a mirror, then
you can copy an actual file URL. I've used both FileRunner and wget
with their 'resume' features for downloading partially grabbed files.
Maybe that would work for you?

G'luck....

--
Kevin