Re: [LAU] Internet communication needed

From: Esben Stien <b0ef@email-addr-hidden-stien.name>
Date: Mon Mar 03 2008 - 14:54:34 EET

Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de> writes:

> I am NOT looking for some real VOIP tool, where you have to register
> with a provider

Well, you never have to register with anything if you got a real VOIP
tool and you certainly don't need to register anywhere with
freeswitch.

> No I was looking for swomething like U believe old "gnome-meeting"
> for console.

Linphone will also limpingly do it, but it does not in any way work
with jack.

There are also micro clients, like SofSipCli, using gstreamer, but you
still will have problems with jack, unless this one actually can use
jack through pulseaudio.

http://wiki.opensource.nokia.com/projects/SofSipCli

My advice is going with freeswitch, because it's the most powerful
command line SIP tool you'll ever find and it can be adapted to your
needs.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef@email-addr-hidden     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m