Re: [LAU] qsynth: errors

From: Nigel Henry <cave.dnb2m97pp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 05 2008 - 17:26:46 EET

On Wednesday 05 March 2008 14:37, schoappied wrote:

> I've zynaddsubfx working with qjackctl and rosegarden. What does that
> say about qsynth which is not working and the midi settings?
>

> Dirk

As you have ZynAddSubFX working, and Qjackctl's midi connections are
available, it's clear that the snd-seq-midi module is loaded. If it isn't
(unless somethings changed) Qjackctl will complain when started, with the
message that midi connections won't be available.

It's worth starting Qsynth, and checking settings, and the midi tab. There is
a checkbox there "Enable MIDI Input", that should be checked. If it isn't,
check it, ok it, and restart Qsynth.

Nigel.