Re: [LAU] qsynth: errors

From: schoappied <schoappied@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 05 2008 - 17:58:06 EET

Nigel Henry wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 March 2008 14:37, schoappied wrote:
>

>> I've zynaddsubfx working with qjackctl and rosegarden. What does that
>> say about qsynth which is not working and the midi settings?
>>

>> Dirk
>>

> As you have ZynAddSubFX working, and Qjackctl's midi connections are
> available, it's clear that the snd-seq-midi module is loaded. If it isn't
> (unless somethings changed) Qjackctl will complain when started, with the
> message that midi connections won't be available.
>
> It's worth starting Qsynth, and checking settings, and the midi tab. There is
> a checkbox there "Enable MIDI Input", that should be checked. If it isn't,
> check it, ok it, and restart Qsynth.
>
> Nigel.

Yes, have that...

I only get the message 'Failed to create the MIDI driver (alsa_seq). No
MIDI input will be available' when I start qsynth now. When I restart
new engines like qsynth2 and 3 I'll don't get the message and I am able
to work with those engines with rosegarden.

By the way, is it possible to use more engines/ instruments with
fluidsynth-dssi?

Regards,
Dirk