Re: [LAU] qsynth: errors

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 05 2008 - 18:22:08 EET

On Wed, March 5, 2008 15:58, schoappied wrote:
> Nigel Henry wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday 05 March 2008 14:37, schoappied wrote:
>>

>>> I've zynaddsubfx working with qjackctl and rosegarden. What does that
>>> say about qsynth which is not working and the midi settings?
>>>

>>> Dirk
>>>

>> As you have ZynAddSubFX working, and Qjackctl's midi connections are
>> available, it's clear that the snd-seq-midi module is loaded. If it
>> isn't (unless somethings changed) Qjackctl will complain when started,
>> with the message that midi connections won't be available.
>>
>> It's worth starting Qsynth, and checking settings, and the midi tab.
>> There is
>> a checkbox there "Enable MIDI Input", that should be checked. If it
>> isn't, check it, ok it, and restart Qsynth.
>>
>> Nigel.
>>

> Yes, have that...
>

> I only get the message 'Failed to create the MIDI driver (alsa_seq). No
> MIDI input will be available' when I start qsynth now. When I restart
> new engines like qsynth2 and 3 I'll don't get the message and I am able to
> work with those engines with rosegarden.

are you naming each qsynth engine consistently regarding midi input? that
is, qsynth1, qsynth2 and qsynth3 for example? it looks like that the first
engine is not being setup properly

> By the way, is it possible to use more engines/ instruments with
> fluidsynth-dssi?

i guess yes, but that depends on the dssi host and the way to assign a
different midi channel to each fluidsynth-dssi instance

byee

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@email-addr-hidden