Re: [LAU] recommendations for usb sound card?

From: Pieter Palmers <pieterp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 10 2008 - 12:30:43 EET

Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 09, 2008 at 06:48:12PM +0100, Arnold Krille wrote:
>> Am Sonntag, 9. März 2008 schrieb Paul Winkler:
>>> What about USB 2 if/when freebob supports it?
>> freebob will support usb2?
>>
>> freebob won't even get any further release! The next generation is called
>> ffado
>
> It's a full-time job keeping up with this stuff ;-)
>
>> and is (still) firewire only. And I don't think there are any plans on
>> extending it to usb2.
>
> Bridgeco said at NAMM that they're extending bebob to support USB 2.
> And I heard off-list that there might be a possibility of linux
> developers getting specs andr samples. But I assume that's long-term.

I will query the bridgeco guys about this when I see them next week.

In theory it should be possible to extend ffado for USB audio, but I
have to be honest and say that I don't really feel like doing that any
time soon. It will probably take some time before bridgeco based usb
devices will hit the market. So who knows...

Greets,

Pieter