Re: [LAU] dynamic backing tracks

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 12 2008 - 16:31:00 EET

nescivi wrote:

> With something like SuperCollider, Pd or Chuck you can create something that
> takes MIDI or gamecontroller input to start and stop tracks. You might even
> get an external USB number pad to do that.

I know, I did that with chuck. My main issue is that I have no visual
feedback. I assigned track on/off to qwerty... but have a hard time
remembering what track is on "q" in this particular tune. Also I cannot
see if track "q" is running or not.

But I just got an idea: Would it be possible to do keyboard -> pd ->
chuck. Keyboard could be both laptop keyboard and midi keyboard, pd ->
chuck could be via osc. PD could (maybe) provide visual feedback and
either be controlled directly with mouse or be a slave interface
replicating what-ever comes in from keyboard or midi. Would that be
possible?

> SC and Pd are pretty stable, but I also have seen people do live performances
> with Chuck. For all three goes, (I think), if you have it running stable at
> home during rehearsals, you should be fine during the performance.

Maybe you're right.

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte