Re: [LAU] CD/DVD archieve software

From: thomas fisher <studio1@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 16 2008 - 18:42:57 EET

On Saturday 15 March 2008 12:42:37 Arda Eden wrote:
> This may be a little out of subject but,
> I'm looking for a software for Linux that can,
> Read the file structure from any CD or DVD and put it in to a database so
> that i can search my files and find out in which cd it is.
> When it was with windows i was using "Whereisit". Now i need a replacement
> of a linux version of it.

  I have used Namazu for indexing of text content and it works well. I do know
that it is capable of processing a lot of different formats.
http://www.namazu.org/

This indexer I have not used. It has .mp3 and many other file types.
http://id3lib.sourceforge.net/ <-----the lib
http://easytag.sourceforge.net/ <-----may be what you want
http://www.lesbonscomptes.com/recoll/features.html#doctypes
http://domo.sourceforge.net/index2.html