Re: [LAU] recommendations for usb sound card?

From: Bill Allen <lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 16 2008 - 20:15:43 EET

Bill Allen wrote:
> I've got the Edirol UA20 and I am happy with it as an audio device
> (only 44.1 however), or as a midi device, but not both, sadly. If I
> run it in "Advanced" mode, jack won't start up, but it shows up as a
> midi device. If I run it with "Advanced" driver off, I can use it as a
> midi device, but jack won't start up.
>
> I've attached the lsusb -v for the device in advanced off and advanced
> on modes. I'm not an expert, but in advanced off mode the lsusb has
> several lines that indicate an audio streaming device, where in
> advanced on it doesn't.
>
> Regards,
> Bill
After doing some googling, I see that this has been discussed on this
list before. It seems that Clemens put a fix in for it. I would assume
that any recent alsa has gotten that fix (usbquirks.h). I've tried this
on two very recent distros (Ubuntu rt and dyne:bolic) and it exhibits
the same problem. Maybe I've got a defective device. Is there anything
that I can check to verify that my distros have the fix in them?

Regards,
Bill