Re: [LAU] [Packet-in-user] album files (it isn't a troll)

From: Frank Pirrone <frankpirrone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 21 2008 - 11:11:06 EET

Philippe Hezaine wrote:
> Have fun! To deal with the most urgent things first:
>

> Multiple-choice questionnaire.
>
> Philippe Hezaine a écrit :
>

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I plan to write a little book of free drums patterns with Lilypond and
>>> put in it
>>> on Internet.
>>> It would be titled "Le Batteur GNU" ( The GNU Drummer") or 'Le Batteur
>>> Libre"
>>> (The Free Drummer) and it will be CC-BY-SA.
>>> I must think of some details yet.
>>> I mean, for instance, some basics patterns of 4, 6 or 8 bars (without a
>>> final beat ?)
>>>

> YES NO
>

>>> in one style, eg bossa nova, separated from each other by one bar of
>>> rest.
>>>

> NO YES
>

>>> Then some variations are based on it. (maracas, congas... blabla...)
>>> So all the patterns are modular. (trussed up)
>>>

> FRANK...FURT FRANK...FURTHER
> FRANK...FURTHEST
>

>>> You can copy and paste as you need.
>>> The advantages : a source in plain text + midifile + pdf. Possibilities
>>> of several tracks.
>>> The drawback : all velocities are ruined. But what? You customize the
>>> velocities of
>>> your 4 -8 bars copied in a sequencer or Hydrogen and voila.
>>>

> YES NO OTHER CHOICE
>

>>> May be we can share and work on this project with the aim to experiment
>>> its use.
>>> It isn't so difficult.
>>>

> LEVEL OF DIFFICULTIES : 1. 2 . 3 . 4. 5.
>

>>> By the way, is anyone will be able to send me a drum midifile in one style?
>>>

> NO NO
>

>>> Kevin, have you anything of this kind in your database? For experiment.
>>>

> I DON'T KNOW I DON'T SAY
>

>>> Have fun.
>>>

> -- Phil. http://superbonus.project.free.fr

Aha, Philippe, the man with the missing "e." I have a drum machine
Roland DR-50 I believe, that has the ability to output its patterns and
songs as MIDI files. I'll hook it up tomorrow to my MidiSport interface
and see if I can just pull them off. If I do, I'll post them on our
project site and let you know they're up.

Otherwise, it's after 5AM here in EDT, so I'm not even going to ponder
your non-trollish stuff above!

Frank