Re: [LAU] Burning lots of CDs

From: Steve Fosdick <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 28 2008 - 02:15:40 EET

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 14:38:58 -0700
Bob van der Poel <bob@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I'm getting to point where I need to burn a bunch of my new audio CD.
> Does anyone happen to have an application which will run 2 or 3 burners
> at the same time? I'd just have to pull a burner from a 2nd computer and
> install in my tower and cut my twiddle-my-thumbs time in half ... well,
> that's the theory.

It should certainly be possible to install multiple burners in the same computer and do it that way. You'd have to figure out how to run two instances of the burning program and target each at it's own writer.

If you already have a burner in a second PC you could use both PCs at once - you could transfer the audio files over a network (WiFi or Ethernet etc.) or you could write them onto a data CD (better error correction) and copy to the other PC that way.

I also remember looking into this a while back and some of the CD duplicating houses seemed pretty competitive and have the advantage of being able to turn out a professional looking printed disk. Most of them can cope with variable quanity because they use CD-R for low volumes and stamped manufacture for high volume.

Regards,
Steve.