Re: [LAU] qjackctl patchbay

From: schoappied <schoappied@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 16 2008 - 12:00:45 EEST

Ray Rashif wrote:
> On 16/04/2008, *david* <gnome@email-addr-hidden
> <mailto:gnome@email-addr-hidden>> wrote:
>
> Malte Steiner wrote:
> >> How on earth is it possible that you made such a feature and
> did explain
> >> it after such a long time? I do not hope that there are more such
> >> useful features of programs which are not explained yet...
>

> So at the end of the day, do you want better code or better
> documentation? I would, personally, go with the former. In most cases,
> the documentation _is_ there - except it's too obvious and it gets
> missed; man pages. QJackCtl's patchbay saving feature has been around
> for quite some time, and a lot of guides had it demonstrated in a
> practical manner - albeit not really explaining it's existence.

Please show us a guide that demonstrated patchbay in a practical
manner... !

At the end of the day I want a good code and a good documentation. You
should agree with me that it is a pity if no one uses the app because of
the lack of clear documentation and publicity.

Documentation is something you should think of if you made a program....
it the same as musicians, only play will in your own room is not enough
when you want to play in front of people and/ or play with other people....

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate the work of the programmers...
I'm totally dependent on them or Microsoft ;)
But I study social science and I know how important good explanation and
publicity can be....

And yes, I made two short howto's last week and I planning to make more
in dutch.... cause I can't stand that so less people knows the great
possibilities of linux audio... It seems that this community makes the
most open source software, but as a community they stay often 'closed' >
e.g. just for the diehards and ICT students. Good documentation can
change this a bit...

Dirk