Re: [LAU] How to write beats

From: Stephen Cameron <smcameron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 21 2008 - 18:51:09 EEST

--- schoappied <schoappied@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

[snip]

> I was wondering, is there information available to learn putting those
> beats into notation? What 'symbol' belongs to the bass, hi-hat etc.
> Is there information on the internet about it? Or does someone knows a
> other method (good book) for it?

Probably not what you were thinking of, but I was thinking of transforming
the ascii "tablature" in this howto into a more "standard" form of ascii
tablature -- e.g., the kind which can be cut and pasted into gneutronica.

http://gneutronica.sourceforge.net/index.html#tablature

> And how easy is it to match the notes with a drumkit in for example
> hydrogen? I think it should possible to play the drum score in
> Rosegarden with Hydrogen as a synth..

You can drive hydrogen with gneutronica. Pretty sure I've done
that.

-- steve