Re: [LAU] How to write beats

From: Philippe Hezaine <philippe.hezaine@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 21 2008 - 20:19:33 EEST

Stephen Cameron a écrit :
> --- schoappied <schoappied@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> I was wondering, is there information available to learn putting those
>> beats into notation? What 'symbol' belongs to the bass, hi-hat etc.
>> Is there information on the internet about it? Or does someone knows a
>> other method (good book) for it?
>>

> Probably not what you were thinking of, but I was thinking of transforming
> the ascii "tablature" in this howto into a more "standard" form of ascii
> tablature -- e.g., the kind which can be cut and pasted into gneutronica.
>
> http://gneutronica.sourceforge.net/index.html#tablature

I was very interested to tablatures and i googled for that. It was hell.
Commercials banners, nothing is free and i get rid of
them when i see many times: " Your tab is not available for now but ...
links to ... " and "re-bla-bla" again.
I like very much gneutronica for its rythmic capabilities. And i'm
wondering about this feature of tablatures.

>> And how easy is it to match the notes with a drumkit in for example
>> hydrogen? I think it should possible to play the drum score in
>> Rosegarden with Hydrogen as a synth..
>>

> You can drive hydrogen with gneutronica. Pretty sure I've done
> that.
>
> -- steve

I confirm. Even with LinuxSampler. Hé! I'm not only saying Hydrogen is
a drum sampler.
Best.

--
Phil.