Re: [LAU] How to write beats

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 21 2008 - 19:58:50 EEST

Hallo,
schoappied hat gesagt: // schoappied wrote:
> And how easy is it to match the notes with a drumkit in for example
> hydrogen? I think it should possible to play the drum score in
> Rosegarden with Hydrogen as a synth..

You could use the Pd patch I posted for this. I think, Hydrogen can do
midi, then you just need to convert the drum letters to midi note
numbers, for example with attached Pd patch. Put it next to
s-beatschool.pd and in s-beatschool.pd, create an object box (with Ctl-1)
and type "beat2midi" into that. Then connect that to the [r $0-hit]
receiver and use qjackctl to connect Pd to hydrogen.

Ciao