Re: [LAU] How to write beats

From: Justin Smith <noisesmith@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 21 2008 - 22:52:14 EEST

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 12:31 PM, luigi curzi <luigi_curzi@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Il giorno Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:29:57 -0700
> "Justin Smith" <noisesmith@email-addr-hidden> ha scritto:
>

> > google messed up that formatting a bit, and I think I also gave the
> > wrong url:
> >
> > try
> > svn checkout http://noisesmith-linux-audio.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
> > noisesmith-linux-audio-read-only
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 11:26 AM, Justin Smith <noisesmith@email-addr-hidden>
> > wrote:

> > > a [r] is a nonlocal receiver. if you make a box that says [s
> > > $0-hit] in the same window, it will
> > > send its output there without a wire. Almost every pd object has a
> > > help patch showing an
> > > example of its usage, if you right click on the object, and choose
> > > help.
> > >
> > > By the way, I have recently released some plugins, and include some
> > > documentation with
> > > them, and would be honored to know if they pass the patented
> > > "schoappied usability test".
> > > You can get them via:
> > > svn checkout
> > > https://noisesmith-linux-audio.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
> > > noisesmith-linux-audio
> > >
> > > I have announced the plugins also to linux-audio-announce, but
> > > that is a moderated list, so who knows when they show up on there.
> > >
> > > Of course, I invite everyone here to take a look (lots of
> > > screenshots!).
> > >

> i can't understand why i would use ladosc, ardour has yet plugins
> automation, am i wrong?
>
> or can i connect with ladosc any softsynth in (ad example) ardour and
> automate its slider/knobs (of the softsynth)? how?
>
> maybe, i understand nothing.
> excuse for my english, but i'm drunk and italian.
>
> ciao
> Luigi
>
> --
> ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
> Io sono
> lo sbaglio, il momento di confusione, l'inopportuno
>
> Non sono niente.
> Non sarņ mai niente.
> Non posso volere d'essere niente.
> A parte questo, ho in me tutti i sogni del mondo.
>
> F. Pessoa

It is for connecting the automations in one program, to plugins in
another program. In the illustrated step by step example, it is ardour
automations controlling a patch made in galan (but it could similarly
connect to pd, whathaveyou).

It also comes with some basic computational operator plugins (+, -, *,
/, %, |, ||, if, etc.) that should be useful for patching things
together pd style.