Re: [LAU] controlling dssi parameters from keyboard?

From: Sean Bolton <musound@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 24 2008 - 22:58:56 EEST

Hi James,

On Apr 24, 2008, at 12:37 AM, James Stone wrote:

> I am currently using the excellent whysynth with ghostess. Does
> anyone know of a way I can assign different midi controllers to
> different parameters for real-time editing? I am also trying to
> work out the most efficient way to do a keyboard-split? I guess
> running 2 instances of ghostess might be the best.

Unfortunately, DSSI does not (yet) feature run-time assignable
controller assignments.

In addition to the OSC option others have offered, you can
hack the code to set up your desired controller assignments.
Look in src/dssp_synth.c for the function y_get_midi_controller(),
and you can see how Garett Shulman set up his. Tweak,
recompile, and you're off and running with fixed assignments,
at least.

For the keyboard split thing, take a look at some of the suggestions
mentioned in the 'Lightwheight midi transformer" thread here
recently (the misspelling is from the original post). Use one of
the MIDI processors to split your MIDI stream, then pipe that to
two synths. If your processor can do channel shifting, you could
use just one instance of ghostess hosting multiple synth plugin
instances.

HTH,

-Sean