Re: [LAU] Solo Linux liveset in Bay Area May 12th

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 27 2008 - 00:10:35 EEST

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 10:44:16AM +0200, Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:
> First: thanks for sharing your music, I really enjoy to listen to it. :-)
>
> That leads me to this slightly OT question:
> How do you do your bass sounds? I like that jazzy but still fat sound.

Thanks!

The bass guitar soundfont I use most often is a fretless bass, which I got off of somewhere that I don't remember (probably HammerSound). I edited it slightly to remove the "harmonic" that was stuck to the 127 velocity on all the notes.

I play it below the usual range of a 4-string bass, down in the range of a 5-string bass, to get it out of the way o the kick drum and the low end of the Rhodes that I also use a lot.

-ken