[LAU] what have i done wrong here.

From: naysayer <gateswideopen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 29 2008 - 11:05:51 EEST

hey crew.

not sure what i have done wrong here. i upgraded my kernel from 2.6.23-rt1
to 2.6.24-rt1 and i have lost my sound. i'm using a rme multiface and an
onboard intel.
the .config file is virtually exactly the same and the modules load, the
hdspmixer loads and sound appears to play "into"(as i can see levels on
channels 1+2) when hdsp mixer using jack but not out alsa(no levels on
output of the mixer show at all), and alsa doesn't work at all. however, the
onboard intel work fine(alsa and jack) when the multiface is not plugged in.

i've probably missed something really simple but i can't put my finger on
it.

kernel 2.6.23-rt1
http://pastebin.com/m6e0c4c43

kernel 2.6.24-rt1