[LAU] Routing Freebob Capture->ALSA PCM through jack

From: Tristan Koen <tristan_koen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 11:38:34 EEST

I have an M-Audio Firewire Solo that I use in conjunction with Ardour and JACK+freebob for recording purposes. There are times though that I would find it convenient to route the output of Ardour to ALSA rather than the firewire device. The setup would ideally look as follows:

Firewire Solo -> Jack+freebob -> Ardour -> ALSA_PCM

I have been tearing my hair out trying to get this setup to work and have had no success whatsoever. The closest I got was using the Pulseaudio jack-source-module, but this crashes after a few seconds (on Ubuntu Hardy + Pulseaudio Jack Plugin from Debian/unstable).

Any help/direction would be greatly appreciated.