Re: [LAU] Pre-License change LinuxSampler code

From: Esben Stien <b0ef@email-addr-hidden-stien.name>
Date: Sat May 03 2008 - 01:52:22 EEST

"Mark Knecht" <markknecht@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> The GPL doesn't protect my 'interests' as a tester/contributor
> bucause my name isn't listed in the code header.

This is wrong. If you got contributions to the code base you are also
a copyright holder. The law protects you here. This means they cannot
change the license of the particular files you contributed to, without
your consent or without removing your contributions. This is protected
by law.

> I'm not personally sure what the FSF could really do for us on this
> subject but I'd be interested in knowing.

It's not up to the FSF, as long as they don't hold the copyright to
the work.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef@email-addr-hidden     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m