Re: [LAU] System Restore...

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 03 2008 - 09:19:30 EEST

Am Freitag, 2. Mai 2008 schrieb Russell Hanaghan:
> So while Dave warmed up the crowd on the M$ related questions...
> ...and at the risk of being stoned in the Linux public square, is there
> *any* form of the System Restore function that follws the model of the
> ~other~ OS?

I learned (at least) two things during my almost 10 years of linux usage and
administration:

a) If you are starting with some new distribution it takes two or three
installs to get it right and get to know all the edges.
b) After that maintenance is pretty straightforward and even updates don't
clutter the system. Using a good distribution that is...

And from my experience the only thing really keeping a windows-system clean is
a reinstall and not using the system for years.

Have fun,

Arnold

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/