Re: [LAU] [LAA] Qtractor 0.1.3 (frugal damsel) released!

From: <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 04 2008 - 11:23:41 EEST

> On Sat, 3 May 2008 17:24:26 -0700
> "Mark Knecht" <markknecht@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>

> Hi Rui,
> You know me pretty well at this point old friend. I've just a user.
> Nothing more. I might be a pretty smart user, but I'm just a user.
>
> As I remember the work Erik and I were doing, I think we were doing
> sort of hunt and peck. I'd try a few loop files, look at the results
> and if they weren't correct (as per Acid) then I'd send him info like
> the stuff above, and maybe a loop file or two. I'd tell him what Acid
> Pro was telling me, and he'd try and find that info in the file. He'd
> do some changes and I'd try the new version via patches he'd give me.
> We made some headway but eventually he ran out of time and it didn't
> move forward anymore I'm actually not sure if it ever improved after
> that. I've been subscribed to this list or its predecessor for over 8
> years now and cannot remember any serious discussions in public.
> Fankly though, without someone like you doing an app like qtractor it
> didn't matter too much and I let it drop.
>
> The need for this info is all driven by the app you're doing. I
> don't know of any other Linux app that would really require it. Other
> could use it but I think an app like qtractor would really make good
> use if we could work it all out.
>
> So, to the extent that you or some other developer reading this in
> lurk mode has an interest I have gigabytes of Acid loops that we use
> here for composition. I'd be happy to help out again should the need
> arise. Having an Open Source replacement for Acid has been high on my
> wish list for years. I'd love to help it happen.
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

I can imagine other apps including that kind of stuff as well.
Isn't there this gstreamer based garageband clone, and isn't garageband
some loopbased thing? Does garagecrap use a simialar format? It's just
an idea for collaboration, if anybody plans to do that kind of stuff.

Rui, too bad that distros can't keep up with your release cycle, ubuntu
still includes 0.0.3 ...

Cheers
Philipp