Re: [LAU] chrt tool not working?

From: Reuben Martin <reuben.m@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 18 2008 - 03:12:22 EEST

Back on Saturday 17 May 2008, Ray Rashif was like:
> With htop, do you see "-41" as the priority?

Ah-ha! With htop I see 4 separate jackd processes shown with different
priorties. One of them with "-41" as priority.

I was using either

ps -elH | grep jackd

or

chrt -p `pidof jackd`

to see what how the scheduling was set up. Apparently there are sub-processes
or something of that nature that isn't listed with the first command?
And "pidof jackd" obviously returns the pid of the first process it finds.

I guess I just wasn't aware that there are 4 separate jackd processes that
run. That makes a lot more sense now.

Thanks for the tip!

-Reuben