Re: [LAU] DVD creator ?

From: Florin Andrei <florin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 23 2008 - 00:47:08 EEST

Florin Andrei wrote:

> Now the frame rate. I don't know what AVSynthesis is doing, whether it
> will interpret FPS="30" as true 30fps, or as the actual NTSC frame rate
> (30000/1001). The difference is small, about 0.1%, so you may actually
> ignore it if AVS actually does exactly 30 fps.
> OTOH, it would be nice if AVSynthesis could do true NTSC frame rate.

I'm discussing this issue with Jean-Pierre Lemoine, via email, and he
says that AVS is basically built around the idea of using integer frame
rate values.

He said he may release the next version with the ability to accept
fractional frame rates, but in that case A/V sync is not guaranteed.

But all hope is not lost. There are some frame interpolators out there
that might just be good enough to adjust from 30 to 30/1.001 fps and not
destroy the image quality. I need to do some experiments.

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/