Re: [LAU] DVD creator ?

From: pete shorthose <zenadsl6252@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 26 2008 - 15:36:06 EEST

On Thu, 22 May 2008 14:47:08 -0700
Florin Andrei <florin@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Florin Andrei wrote:
> >
> > Now the frame rate. I don't know what AVSynthesis is doing, whether it
> > will interpret FPS="30" as true 30fps, or as the actual NTSC frame rate
> > (30000/1001). The difference is small, about 0.1%, so you may actually
> > ignore it if AVS actually does exactly 30 fps.
> > OTOH, it would be nice if AVSynthesis could do true NTSC frame rate.
>
> I'm discussing this issue with Jean-Pierre Lemoine, via email, and he
> says that AVS is basically built around the idea of using integer frame
> rate values.
>
> He said he may release the next version with the ability to accept
> fractional frame rates, but in that case A/V sync is not guaranteed.
>
> But all hope is not lost. There are some frame interpolators out there
> that might just be good enough to adjust from 30 to 30/1.001 fps and not
> destroy the image quality. I need to do some experiments.

would a PAL dvd be a viable option for your target hardware? that's 25 frames
iirc. if you can playback a PAL dvd then you can avoid the fractional
frame rate all together.

cheers,
pete

nb: kmediafactory is a fine template based dvd creator. i use kaffeine
to record DVB streams, projectX to demux, pxsup2dast to create subtitles,
spumux and mplex to mux to an intermediate mpeg, then kmediafactory does
the rest in a jiffy.