Re: [LAU] zoom h2 software mixer?

From: Justin Smith <noisesmith@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 24 2008 - 10:00:59 EEST

The mixing I need is controlling the monitor level of the mic. It
seems to be always on if the mic is on at all. Actually it may not be
a separate control on this chip. I guess I could expect as much from a
$200 sound card / flash card reader / 4 channel flash card surround
recorder / mp3 player / tuner / metronome / toaster (guess which it
does not actually do).

I cannot seem to find the chip documented anywhere, but I do know that
it uses the standard snd_usb_audio module.

It seems like my best workaround is to use the h2 only as an input,
except its output is a bit better than my built in sound card and I
need about 16 times the latency and still get xruns every couple of
seconds if I use the separate devices for input/output.