Re: [LAU] old problem: alsa device or resource busy

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Tue May 27 2008 - 09:58:21 EEST

Hi!
   Regarding the possibility of opening a device more than once: Yes it's
possible, with the correct plugin type (dmix). It doesn't really depend on the
age of the application, as long as it supports your current ALSA and opens a
PCM-device, instead of a hardware (HW) device.
   Finding out what grabs your ALSA-device: I'm not sure if this might work,
but it's worth a try:
lsof
   (list open files), it should list all files, that are opened by all your
processes running.
   But perhaps the easier solution:
ps -ax
   might be a good starting point. It will print all running processes. If it's
too much for one screen:
ps -ax | less
   I hope it helps!
   Kindest regards