Re: [LAU] hardware: recording voice and acc. guitar

From: Steve Fosdick <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 27 2008 - 15:02:21 EEST

On 27/05/08 11:44:51, schoappied wrote:

> It seems that the delta 44 doesn't have digital I/O, can somebody
> answer the above question and tell me where digital I/O is for?

I don't have a Delta 44 so I can't be sure but the description I see
for it (http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/801)
doesn't mention a MIDI interface and I would think if it had one they
would mention it so I would guess that it does not.

The digital I/O referred to (as available on the 66) is used if you
want to record from digital sources without the signal having to be
converted back to analogue and then re-converted to digital with the
resulting loss of quality.

As an example, if you have an external digital synth which has digital
out, or if you want to incorporate material someone has sent you on
minidisc (or any other digital format the PC can't read directly) and
have a minidisc player with digital out you can record that on the PC
without the double conversion mentioned above and therefore with better
sound quality.

Steve.