Re: [LAU] Other Uses for Guitar Amplifer Preamp Stage

From: porl sheean <porl42@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 29 2008 - 07:06:24 EEST

the pre in a guitar amp is designed mainly for a high impedance source
(guitar pickup etc) whereas the mic outputs a low impedance signal. it
will still work and may sound great, but it won't sound 'clean'
(especially with the hrd's preamp section, which is not at all
designed for a clean audio path). the other thing to worry about is
the signal level that the pre section outputs not being too high level
for your soundcard's inputs. looking at the schematics i think it
should be ok though.

hope this helps

porl